Tuesday 16 December 2008

The decision to move to Marrakech!

We had several trips back and forth between November 2007 and Feb 2008 looking at schools, hospitals, cost of living, supermarkets - all the things that make living somewhere feasible. Having ticked nearly all the boxes we then decided that a long stay was needed in order to really feel what it was like to live there.  Up until this point we had had the luxury of staying in nice hotels, eating in nice restaurants and being pampered somewhat.  We needed to know what it was like on a normal day to day basis.  So in Feb 08 we spent 6 weeks in rented accommodation doing just that.  We loved it even more.
Our daughter had a trial day at the school she is going to go to, she loved it and made lots of friends and a new best friend.  From that a friendship was born us and the parents of one of the children.  They own the beautiful Riad Zamzam
They have both been a huge amount of help to us introducing us to people and making us feel as if we already have a home in Marrakech.  



1 comment:

  1. Hello Adrian:

    I just found your blog on Morocco and was pleased to know you have it because of your recent love for Morocco.
    Please let me congratulate you and your wife for your decision on moving to Morocco.

    I'm a Portuguese african born and I also love Morocco.
    Because I live in Portugal, I have the advantage of being closer to Morocco than you in UK. Just for you to have an idea, if I decide to drive from my home in Portugal down to Morocco, I just drive 600 km, take a boat in Tarifa, Spain, to Tanger, and I'm already in Morocco.

    I wish you all the best with your plans to move to Morocco, and look forward to read your future Moroccan stories in your blog.

    Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

    Fernando

    ReplyDelete