Monday 29 December 2008

Forgotten by the Sate of Morocco

Since starting this blog I have spent a bit of time trying to work out the direction I would like to take it.  The honest answer is I don't really know.  It will be a little bit of everything.  I really need more than one blog but certainly don't have the time to do that.  My interests lie in everything Moroccon - food, culture, history, tradition, fashion, events, tourism you name it so this blog will cover it all.  It will be very photo based but this won't develop a great deal until I get there as my portfolio of pictures is currently quite small.

I have discovered the Moroccan Foundation which is a charitable organisation devoted to helping the underpriveledged.  One particular arm of it that I am interested in is for the small villages that are too far from anywhere to be able to register themselves as citizens. These are Moroccos forgotten people.  They have no hospital or local office - nothing.  Here is a link which gives a little more information:  forgotten by the Moroccan state



It quite surprised me to watch this video but it has also inspired me to try and help.  I have contacted the foundation and hope that they may be able to use me in some way to document these forgotten people photographically.  By photographing them in B & W and in an artistically interesting way it is possible that their plight may be taken to a wider audience.


2 comments:

  1. lovely site!
    will put you on my my big blogs blogroll
    http://marrakechxanthe.wordpress.com
    Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this blog also i will add your blog link to my website www.moroccanviews.com "trips from marrakech"

    ReplyDelete